There is a Danish poet by the name Dan Turell who authored a poem called ’Hyldest til Hverdagen’ – tribute to everyday life. It is one of my favourite poems and something I try to practise.
Especially, when I feel that the world becomes uncertain, it is something I remind myself to do. Seeing the joy in everyday life. The small things, that make me smile, give me a feeling of connection, or make me wonder in a good way.
- Having a purring cat on the lap
- A call from a friend
- Spotting a new piece of street art
- Finding a beautiful courtyard, I have not seen before
- My morning coffee on the balcony
- Doing all my running intervals
- A glass of fresh orange juice
- Seeing someone with great style on the street
- Reading an enjoyable book
Which things are part of your everyday joy? And how do you remember to appreciate them?